What are the common outcomes parents experience?
- Practical tools you can use right now
- New sense of confidence, calmness and purpose for discipline
- Deeper connection with your kids
- The joy of seeing your kids grow in wisdom and respect
- God’s grace becomes real like never before.
What is the structure of the course?
There are six sessions that are pre-recorded and available to you on your schedule. That means you can take it day or night and go through the course as fast as you want. The six sessions are streaming videos with reflection questions interspersed. We highly encourage course participants to leave comments throughout the course, but don’t require comments to move to the next session.
I need to know how to get my kids to behave, does this course give me specific tools?
Yes! Following the introductory session, in session two you’ll gain tools for calming down. In session three you’ll gain tools for connecting well with a misbehaving child. In session four you’ll learn to affirm your kids in ways that take the intensity out of kids’ defiance. In sessions five and six you’ll learn to use effective consequences. By the time you’re done you’ll be able to think far more clearly, biblically, and constructively in the face of daily challenges.
How long does each session take?
Each session takes between 45 and 75 minutes to complete. There are approximately 45 minutes of video for each session. The balance of the time is used for reflection and to answer questions. You can break it up to fit your schedule because it is always there for you.
With everything going on in my life, how will I ever complete this course?
We’ve found that those with the highest completion rate put each session on their calendar and treat it like it is a real appointment that they can’t miss. Our suggestion is to schedule one session per week for six weeks. That will keep the momentum going, but you also won’t feel overwhelmed.
What is the cost of the course?
Everything we do is by suggested donation. These donations allow us to continue to provide resources to everyone, regardless of their ability to pay. The suggested donation for this course is $95. If that amount isn’t feasible, please fill out this short form and a coupon code will be emailed to you.
Can I have a friend join me?
Of course! In fact, we encourage it! Just have that person register separately. If finances are an issue, have them fill out the scholarship form. Please do not share your username and password with others.
Could you tell me more about Connected Families before I commit?
Since 2002 Connected Families founders Jim & Lynne Jackson have worked almost daily in the trenches with parents. Their discoveries have helped thousands of parents grow in skills and confidence. The basic idea is this: When parents make a primary goal of getting their children to behave right, parents and kids generally become adversaries. But when parents learn to focus first on helping their children grow into healthy, biblically-based belief about themselves and the world, these parents become allies with their kids and gain great influence in their lives. So we equip parents with a new primary goal for discipline, one that positions them as allies instead of adversaries.
Does this course address kids with special needs and a range of ages?
While the principles taught in this course apply to all relationships, the specific examples and stories refer to kids aged 2 – 16. Some of the kids are ADHD, SPD, or high-functioning autism. Parents have reported the principles apply well with older kids, grandkids, kids in the classroom, or kids of all sorts. So give it a whirl and if you feel like the course is not helpful to your family, just contact us for a full refund within 30 days.
Some parenting programs are quite complex and hard to consistently live out in real life. Is this course different?
Yes, this course is different! You’ll learn four basic biblical principles and be guided to uniquely apply those principles to you and your kids. As you grow into these principles you’ll grow in your unique ability to apply them. We don’t think there is any one right method, but instead teach you to depend on God’s spirit and Biblical counsel in applying them.
How is the course different than the book by the same title?
- The course is relational in two ways:
1. You’ll feel like JIim & Lynne are right there with you. Their warmth and compassion come through powerfully. We think you’ll find this to be as personal as a taped course can be.
2. You’ll be interacting along the way with others going through the course. In each session are several reflection questions that invite participants to share their learning with each other.
- The course connects with multiple learning styles. There are written, visual, emotional and interactive portions of the course that engage the whole brain. This is the most effective way to assure learning.
- It is much easier to share the experience with a spouse. At the end of a long day it’s much easier to sit back on the couch, watch, and reflect together rather than read a book together.
Do you offer CEUs?
We are able to provide certification that you registered and participated. You (or your board) would need to decide if it fits within your CEU guidelines.
What is the timing of the course?
- Monday, February 27 – Registration opens
- Monday, March 13 – Course launches
- Friday, May 26 – Course closes (you’ll still have access to the material, but the course moderation will be closed on this day).